Third Faculty of Medicine
in 1953 the Ministry of Higher Education divided the Faculty of Medicine in Prague into three separate faculties: the Faculty of General Medicine (including stomatology), the Faculty of Pediatrics, and the Faculty of Hygiene. The latter was transformed into the current 3rd Faculty of Medicine in 1990.The fact that a new independent Faculty of Hygiene was created in 1953 brought about some fundamental changes; this Faculty preserved a basic medical focus, although it specialized in the fields of hygiene and prevention
The medical studies at this faculty are divided into three basic cycles
The 1st cycle revolves around Basic Biomedical Sciences and integrates theoretical subjects into modules such as Structure and Function of Human body, Cell biology, Genetics, Biophysics, Needs of Patients and Methodology.
The 2nd cycle deals with Principles of Clinical Medicine and includes theoretical foundations and propedeutics.
The 3rd cycle focuses on Clinical Preparation and consists of these modules : Internal Medicine, Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Pediatrics and Preventive Medicine.
- Viruses, bacteria and parasites
- Cell biology (structure and function of organelles)
- The cell cycle (mitosis, meiosis)
- Mendelian and non-mendelian modes of inheritance
- Basic human biology (organ systems and their roles)
- Ecology and species diversity
- Classification of organisms and taxonomy and evolution
- Scalar and Vector quantities
- Newton’s laws
- Properties of solids, crystal lattices, liquids, surface tension and gases
- Principles of electric current, Ohms law
- Magnetic field and electromagnetic induction
- Optics and acoustics
Entrance Exam Layout at the Third Faculty of Medicine
The Third faculty of medicine offers it’s 6-year General Medicine Program in English. The examinations will be held online for 2021. The entrance exam is divided into 2 parts, a written section and an interview. Date of the entrance exam: Tuesday, June 29th 2021. Alternative date for entrance exam: July 1st 2021. Deadline for registration: April 30th 2021